Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mom's coming!

Mom my is coming to visit this Sunday! I am so excited to see her and show her our home we've created. I also can't wait to show her the puppies (Jacquamo and Maxwell Smart, she's already met Reeves). I want to show her our beautiful house, my school, some field sites, and the dog park! Oh yeah, Mardi Gras... This will be our third Mardi Gras and the first time we will do anything for it.

But then there's also the shadow... my mother has nice things and is extremely clean and neat. And I am cleaning my house all the time!! And it still feels like a disaster zone.

I already feel like my landlady is watching me, judging me on how I keep her house. It is driving me nuts! Hmm, perhaps I should bring this up to my therapist...

I will be north on an overnight sampling trip when my mom arrives. So I have to trust that Alan has the house presentable when he goes to pick her up. Go ahead... chuckle, chortle, and break into raucous laughter...

1 comment: