Monday, June 20, 2011

I did it again...


I found this little darling running around outside a Walmart. She had a collar that had staples in it and was cinched too tight with zip ties. Of course no tags. Of course I took her home. Besides missing some hair on her throat from the collar that was way too tight, she was in relatively good condition. She took to our cats and dogs.

At first I thought about putting Found signs up, but then I wasn't sure I wanted to give her back to someone who did that with her collar. They probably couldn't afford a new collar, and thus couldn't afford her. I was also grateful that they left her at Walmart and didn't dump her in the woods.

The fantastic women at PAAWS (through whom we got Reeves and helped us with the litter I found) have a foster home for her. They'll get her vet care, spayed, and microchipped. We have a friend that when he gets back home next Monday, he wants to adopt her. If all goes well we'll be able to see her at the dog park all the time!

I would not hesitate every time I see a dog in need, to bring it home. We just can't keep any more...




No comments:

Post a Comment